We have a new release, version 1.06 of Net::DNS.
– Parsing of scoped IPv6 has been fixed when IO::Socket::IP is used (regression since 1.05).
– Interfering middle boxes will no longer be able to hang recursive lookups and interfere with unit tests.
– Linking of CNAMEs to its target address records with resolver->nameservers() will be done case insensitive.
This release also includes updated error reporting resulting from discussion and comments from the mailing list:
- axfr() in list context returns the complete zone if successful. If an error occurs, an empty list is returned with errorstring() indicating the reason.
- axfr() in scalar context returns an iterator if successful. If a connection failure occurs, undef is returned with errorstring() indicating the reason. The iterator will raise an exception if the transfer can not be completed.
- Resolver documentation has been clarified to make explicit that errorstring() is valid immediately after an error and meaningless otherwise.
For a complete list of changes and bugfixes see the CHANGES file.
Regression testing results: https://www.net-dns.org/regression/.