I am proud to announce the long awaited Net::DNS version 0.67 release. It has been almost two years since the last release. As may be expected in such a long time interval, the amount of bug-fixes and other changes is significant. Future version will be released more frequently.
Besides the code-tidying, spelling and bug-fixes, a few enhancements and new features have been added:
- A modular system for managing serial numbers in SOA records from Dick Franks
- Major rework of the experimental Net::DNS::Domain and the addition of Net::DNS::DomainName that pave the road towards handling of character encodings and IDN from Dick Franks.
- Major rework of the build system:
- All user interaction is replaced by command line options
- Online tests are non-fatal by default
- Prefer the Cygwin codepath for Cygwin builds, except for updates of Cygwin installations that already use the Win32 codepath
For a complete list of changes and the numerous bugfixes see the CHANGES file.